Saturday, July 16, 2011

My first bite of a chocolate covered strawberry.


Um, I don’t know what I expected.  I was surprised by the strawberry: so fleshy and tart.  The chocolate (dark chocolate) outside was dark.  It seemed dark, serious, and heavy.  It is a “no-nonsense, let’s-talk-about-your-plans-for-the-future” kind of food.


I tried the Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups almost immediately after.  I was very curious at this point.  I love peanut butter and we discussed how different peanut butter cups will have a different ratio of chocolate to peanut butter.  Honestly, I was thrilled.  I was glad to be trying it, but I wasn’t wowed yet. 
Then the cookies came out of the oven.  I was told cookies straight out of the oven were the best way to go, but through Alison’s wisdom I learned that you gotta given them a minute to cool slightly or else the chocolate chips will be molten and burn you.  Warm, not hot from the oven.  OK.  I can see why people love chocolate chip cookies. Those were good.  Not oh-my-god-I-want-to-eat-these-forever, but I get why people like them.  


The aftermath.
I did think I was going to be sick.  Chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate peanut butter cups, and chocolate chip cookies-- all on an empty stomach.  Wait, I had a soda on the drive there, so basically I just consumed enough sugar to put myself in a diabetic coma.  Ok, yeah this is what a slow death by sugar feels like.  Got it.  I needed to have some water, and some real food.  I guess everyone has this same experience at first.  You have to OD on chocolate and learn your limits.  Rookie mistake.

1 comment:

  1. this is quite exciting to watch, i remember our lunches at CU, i was always frustrated watching you eat bread and white rice. we need to do a lunch or two!

    ReplyDelete